Hello and welcome to Year 6!
We are looking forward to a wonderful year ahead. Year 6 is the opportunity to celebrate the learning journey that we have been part of throughout our time at Holy Family. Our class has worked incredibly hard over the past 6+ years, so now it’s our time to shine.
Throughout Year 6 we will continue to develop the children’s independence, resilience and love of learning through many exciting curricular opportunities.
Due to our fast-paced curriculum and high expectations, we encourage all our children be active learners and take pride in every aspect of their education.
Homework is checked on a Friday in home/school planners to make sure children have record evidence of their homework tasks. Children are expected to complete the following:
Spelling practice: children have a paper copy of the spellings they must learn. SpellingFrame can also be accessed online to support children with practising. Spelling tests are completed on a Monday afternoon along with any retests. Children should practise their spellings in sentences to ensure they understand the meaning and are able to use words in context. Please encourage your child to write interesting sentences, use punctuation and neat, legible handwriting.
- Spellings: test on Monday (should be practised regularly throughout the week)
- TT rockstars 3 per week (record time and score in school planner)
- Maths whizz (min 2 per week at home, record date and parent sign)
- SATs companion (https://app.satscompanion.com/login)
Read with an adult at least three times a week: minimum of 10 pages at a time (reading record needs to be signed to show this)
Reading: total 3 per week
- Reading plus (min 1 per week at home, record %) the rest can be your reading book.
- Reading books: min of 10 pages per read (record page numbers)
Website links are as follows:
As always, thank you for your continued support
Miss Taylor, Miss Crawley and Miss Ormshaw, Year 6 class teachers
Year 6 class teachers
Miss Taylor and Miss Ormshaw